Dr. Ozeran is the only Board-Cetified Plastic Surgeon practicing between Boise and Spokane. He grew up in medical environment as his father was on faculty at UCLA Medical Center and at the VA Wadsworth in West Los Angeles, CA, and his mother was a registered nurse. Both of his brothers are physicians and his sister, Vicki, is a physician assistant working at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center. Dr. Ozeran received both his college degree and medical training at the world-reknowned University of Chicago, a university respected for being at the forefront of medical advances. He then fulfilled a five-year surgical residency at the University of California, Davis before receiving his fellowship training in plastic surgery at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. As part of his training in Wisconsin, Dr. Ozeran spent two months at Northwestern University in Chicago Dr.Ozeran is passionate about plastic surgery; meticulous about his work not only from the technical standpoint but also in the delivery of care, making his patients feel that they are receiving the best treatment available. He understands that patients have their own lives, jobs, families and he strives to take that into account when rendering care. When more than one treatment option is available, Dr. Ozeran will explain all the possibilities to be considered, both surgical and non-surgical, and carefully counsel his patients so they can make an informed decision.
Dr. Ozeran believes that quality care requires quality health care providers and thus plays an active role in the education of local medical students, nursing students, and physician assistants through affiliations with U. of Idaho, Washington State University, L-C State College, Walla Walla CC, Idaho State University.
Dr. Ozeran has always been community-minded having previously served on the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the L-C Valley, and St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center Foundation. He currently serves on the Board of the Lewiston Civic Theater. He has supported numerous L-C Valley organizations and agencies.
Dr. Ozeran and his wife, Stephanie, have lived in the Lewis-Clark Valley since 1995. They have three daughters
- General Surgery – May, 1995
- Plastic Surgery – March, 1999 - Recertification 2009
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Idaho Medical Association, Member
- Affiliate Professor, WWAMI (medical student) program; University of Idaho and
Washington State University
- Clinical Professor, Nurse Practitioner Program; Idaho State University, Pocatello
- Clinical Professor, Physician Assistant Program; Oregon Health Sciences
- University, Portland and at Idaho State University, Pocatello
Hospital Staff Affiliations
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center; Lewiston, ID – Active
- Tri State Memorial Hospital; Clarkston, WA – Active
- Syringa Surgical Center; Lewiston, ID – Active (Medical Director)
- Private practice of plastic surgery from August, 1995 to present
- “Can Erythropoietin Stimulate Selective Production of Mouse Gamma-Globulin Chains?” With Eugene Goldwasser, Ph.D., Departement of Biochemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois.
- “Outcome of Emergency Portacaval Shunt for Uncontrolled Variceal
Bleeding.” With Robert S. Ozeran, M.D., F.A.C.S., Los Angeles,
California. Abstract submitted to Pacific Coast Surgical Society, 1985.
- “Healing of Contaminated Wounds: Effects of Trasylol.” With Thomas J.
Krizek, M.D., Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, University
of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois.
- “Mortality in Chronic Hepatitis.” With Alfred Baker, M.D. and Bret Lashner,
M.D., Department of Medicine, University of Chicago-Pritzker School of
Medicine, Chicago, Illinois.
- “Recurrent Adhesive Small Bowel Obstruction. Role of Operative Intervention.”
With Steven Webster, M.D., Kaiser-Permanente Medical Center—Oakland,
Oakland, California. Abstract submitted to East Bay Surgical Society, 1993.
- Lashner BA, Jonas RB, Trung H,Evans A, Ozeran S, Baker A, Chronic Hepatitis:
Disease Factors at Diagnosis Predictive of Mortality. Am J Med. 1988:85 (5):
- Barkan H, Webster S, Ozeran S, Factors Predicting the Recurrence of Adhesive
Small Bowel Obstruction, Am J Surg 1995 (Oct): 170 (4): 361-65.
- “Mortality in Chronic Hepatitis.” Senior Scientific Program, University of
Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, June, 1988.
- “Value of Hemoccult Testing in Diagnosis of Colorectal Cancer—A Review of
The Literature.” GI Medical-Surgical Conference, University of California-Davis
Medical Center, Sacramento, California, May 1989.
- “Indications for Surgical Management of Peptic Ulcer Disease.” GI Medical-
Surgical Conference, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center-Oakland, Oakland,
California, January 1990.
- “Burns and Nutrition.” Burn Unit Conference, Bothin Burn Unit, St. Francis
Memorial Hospital, San Francisco, California, February 1990.
- “Small Bowel Tumors: Diagnosis and Management.” Medical-Surgical
Oncology Conference, Kaiser-Permanente Medical Center-Oakland, Oakland,
California, February 1991.
- “Operabililty for Stage N2 Lung Cancer.” Medical-Surgical Oncology
Conference, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center-Oakland, Oakland, California,
- “Carcinoid Tumors of the GI Tract.” Surgical Grand Rounds, University of
California-Davis-East Bay Surgical, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center-Oakland,
Oakland, California, June 1993.
- “Physiology of Surgical Flaps.” Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, University of
Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, August 1993.
- “Bone Grafting.” Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, University of Wisconsin
Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, June 1994.
- “Thumb Reconstruction.” Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, University of
Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, September 1994.
- “Radiation Injuries.” Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, University of Wisconsin
Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, February 1995.
- “Abdominal Wall Reconstruction with the Mutton Chop Flap.” Plastic Surgery
Senior Residents’ Conference, Ann Arbor, Michigan, April 1995.
- “Breast Reconstruction for the ‘90’s.” Breast Cancer Support Group, Tri-State
Hospital Community Room, Clarkston, Washington, November 1995.
- “Plastic Surgery in a Rural Community.” Snake River Medical Forum, Williams
Conference Center, Lewis & Clark College, June 1996.
- “Skin Cancers.” Health Matters Public Forum, Washington Water & Power
Auditorium, Orofino, Idaho, May 1997.
- “Facial and Hand Trauma, Burns; Approach to Snake and Arthropod Bites.”
Paramedic and Emergency Department Run Review, July 1997.
- “Introduction to Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.” Pre-medical student lecture,
Washington State University Medical Scholars Program, Pullman, Washington, July 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
- “Breast Reconstruction.” Given to Palouse Breast Cancer Support Group,
Pullman Memorial Hospital, Main Conference Room, Pullman, Washington,
- “Surgical Options for Breast Reconstruction.” Given at Pink Ribbon Luncheon,
a womens’ health forum, Clarkston, Washington, May 2000.
- “Pressure Sores: Treatment and Perioperative Management.” Surgical Nursing
Rounds, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, Idaho, January 2001.
- “Lymph Node Mapping for Malignant Melanoma.” General Medical Staff
Meeting Educational Presentation, St. Joseph Regional Medical Center,
Lewiston, Idaho, June 2002.
- “Lymph Node Mapping for Malignant Melanoma.” Presented to Lewiston-
Clarkston-Moscow-Pullman AORN Chapter, August 2002.
- “Wound Care in the Paraplegic Patient.” Physical Therapy Rounds, St. Joseph’s
Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, Idaho, Spring 2003.
- “Burn Resuscitation and Management.” Instructor, Paramedic Review Course. Lewiston, Idaho, November 2003.
- “My Approach to Wound Care.” Tri-State Hospital Nursing Staff. Tri-State Hospital, Clarkston, Washington, Spring 2004.
- “Diabetes and Your Feet.” Community Diabetic Education, Ni Mi Puu Indian
Health Services, Lapwai, Idaho, October 2004.
The surgery went awesome & I am extremely happy w/ the breast implants. I recommended two of my friends to Dr. Ozeran - Anonymous
Caring, highly experienced staff Accredited surgery center Insurance Accepted Visa & MasterCard welcome